Tuesday, December 1, 2015

My New Pet: Adobe


This was my first attempt at Adobe Photoshop. For the group project, I was designated to create a print ad for the campaign.  This campaign is selling homemade jewelry that are made out of guitar picks, strings, etc.

Let me say how time consuming this program is, if you do not know how to use it.  With a lot of searching, clicking, erasing, and so forth, I was able to put this into what I think is a half decent ad. I first used the rule of thirds in compiling the items.  I used a guitar string to run across the top third for the earrings to hang from.  And since it is around the giving holiday season, I threw in the colored lights to balance out the color in the foreground from the earrings with the ivory backdrop. I chose simplicity because, well, I didn't have a choice with this being my first attempt with photoshop. The earrings themselves play as vectors pointing downwards for anyones eyes to look at the bottom of the page where the hashtag, website, and social media for the products are located.


No comments:

Post a Comment